cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Winczi427
Joining in

Hello, 

I got exact same issues with accessing some sites even dough the parental control is off.

Please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Winczi427 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're unable to access some websites.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf and help you resolve the matter.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Could I get some help with the same issue, please?

New customer and can’t check my account settings because I can’t create an account because of the known issue with all passwords being rejected.

Thanks

Good Morning Spinball, 

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you've been struggling to set an online account up.

Have you got your services installed / active yet? just because sometimes if you are due to be installed it won't let you do it, however if that is no the case have you tried doing it on a different browser, making sure cookies aren't rejected?

It could also be worth trying it on a different device too.

If you have tried all these steps please try this. Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Try something like part of your address and part of postcode (ie, Gardens3YH) Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks.  

I got registered.

Because virtually all services require a long password comprising of combination of upper, lower case, numbers and special characters, the Virgin system is quite unique in that it just spits out typical passwords including those generated by Chrome.

Your system needs to give guidance on what passwords are acceptable.

Mine were using special characters and then when I cut them out, they were all longer than 10 characters.

Finally, after being forced to use the weakest password of all the online services available, I got a working account.

Hey Spinball, thank you for the update. I am very happy to see you are now registered.

I hope you enjoy using there app there are tons of things you can do on it, if you ever need any advice on it you know where we are. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?