cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE to VF. How does it work?

Corvus13
On our wavelength

Don't know how it works but here we go...

Can it happen that during the transition from EE to VF a phone(Virgin sim only) will connect to the EE signal whilst VF is available at the local mast, then, after inverting  the new sim card , it not only connects to the VF signal but can connect to the EE signal when near a mast that does not  transmit the Virgin VF signal?

Whilst you're there, could my phone do the EE-VF transition without a sim change, without me knowing?

Have a very poor Virgin-EE signal, can't wait for the jump to VF. 

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The change is automatic. Once your SIM moves to Vodafone you will not be able to use EE in any form.

Sometimes there is a need of a SIM change but in most cases not and you will only realise when the signal strength alters

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corvus13
On our wavelength
Thanks Enlli, I knew you'd come to my rescue! So that's clever, it's like the VF signal is 'tagged' with a Virgin 'key' whilst the EE signal loses its tag. Having said that I've been wrong about everything else.
So what happens after my switch occurs and I go down the road to an area where the switch has yet to happen. Would that phone not be able to connect to either VF(no signal yet) or EE (too late my phone has already jumped to VF?
Is there any way of finding out when my switch happens or even when the switch is complete? I've already read that this change has been completed but not here it hasn't. Cheers.

Hi @Corvus13,

Thank you for your post. It wouldn't be a gradual change of you using the EE network in some parts and Vodafone in some others. Once the switch is complete you would only use the one network.

Whilst the switch it happening, you shouldn't experience any issues or loss of service as the migration will be completed through an over the air (OTA) update.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Corvus13
On our wavelength

Right then Zach, was about to say I've read something different from the Virgin site BUT, it said if you don't change your sim you will eventually lose the EE signal. I won't be swapping sims so that doesn't apply.

The fog clears a bit more.

What about the roll out timings?  It's like waiting for my Christmas Presents in mid January! Cheers.

Hi Corvus13, 

From what I understand with this roll out is that it will be implemented within the next few months.

Unfortunately I don't have any more specific times.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules