Menu
Neil68
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Disable Parental controls

I have joined Virgin Mobile however I cannot access anything deemed mature content via 4G. I have looked into the forums and the advice offered is parental controls are set "on" by default and can be disabled by accessing my account page and selecting :-
  • Register or log in to Your Account
  • Select Plan and device
  • Select Manage services

When I log into my account I am not presented with anything other than my mobile bill and some basic user settings. There is no option allowing me to change plan or devices. These settings are also not available via the mobile app.

0 Kudos
george_g
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disable Parental controls

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

teabag
Hero
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Log into your mobile account, select which SIM you need to change (if you have more than one), click on "About My Plan", scroll down to "Manage My Services".  After switching off "Parental Control" you will need to restart your phone.

Screenshot_20200420-132051.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
jeremyo2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

where is the off button?
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Click on the Red ON to change it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jeremyo2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 13.25.30.png

I dont see an ON or OFF button

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry jeremyo2 I don't have access to a mobile account to check where the option is specifically but will get a colleague to take a look & confirm - in the meantime I can try to help from here, just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos
stevenjp90
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Was this ever resolved as I have the same thing I can't turn anything on or off! No option to same as Jeremyo2

0 Kudos
Neil68
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had to phone virginmedia to resolve the issue as you don't get the option to change anything with the oomph sim.

Give them a call you may have to wait a bit but once through only takes them a minute to fix.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevenjp90

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

I can see my colleague did send you a PM over two weeks ago which has sadly not received a reply. If you got to your messages you'll see it there 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos