Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Delivery reports

I've been using a s9 but it became faulty so I've changed it for s9 plus. Issue which I'm having it's not giving me the option of turning on or off delivery reports. When I click on text messing settings more etc it just says something about check messages in sim card. Any help as I really need SMS delivery reports on. If it cannot be sorted then I'm going to return the phone and get my money back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Delivery report useless virgin

I've got s7 s9 s9+ for some reason I'm unable to choose delivery reports. I mean I go to more the text message setting then all I get is manage sim card settings no option to turn off or on delivery report. Rang virgin just went through what I've already done so she put me through to Samsung who accessed my phone and basically just did what I already have done ect. Then i was told by samsung that virgin have not put the setting on the s9 plus. I get the delivery report setting on my s7 normal s9 can anyone confirm that they have the delivery report setting on their s9 plus. If virgin cannot sort this then ill be returning this phone as I only bought it because my normal s9 had a fault and returning that back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

delivery report virgin media not working

*bleep* I'm going to cancel my virgin account. All I want is the delivery report setting on my phone so I can turn it on. Call centre staff don't seem to get it at all. Have you turn your phone off have you reset it. I've been told by Samsung that's it a virgin issue *bleep*. Oh yh also phone call seems to always get cut off then they ring you back and guess what phones goes off again. My signal is full bars for God sake. I'm going to go into giffgaff instead **bleep** virgin. Well technically they wouldn't be virgin if I did that.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: delivery report virgin media not working

I don't get an option on the standard app on my S9. Running dual SIM on Vodafone and 3

However, I use the alternative Google Messages app from the Play store and that does. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On my s7 and s9 I get that option just not on the s9plus. Its bloody strange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Addyshan,

Have you managed to turn delivery report off?

Do you have the latest update from Android and Samsung?

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Never had any problems turning delivery reports on or off with Google Messages app or iOS Messages - so guessing it's just a Samsung texting app problem?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On my S9 the sliders are grayed out. App may be a bit different as there is separate sliders for each network.

As I say the RCS version I use has no problems.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes i have the latest software I've also been through to samsung who remotely controlled my phone and they said it was a virgin issue. It's just that on the normal s9 I get that option but not on the s9plus. So I'm unsure I'm getting sent a new sim card I don't think that will solve it as I've said can get them using other phones. It may a phone issue I don't have any other sims I could put in phone to check. Otherwise I would know then it's a phone software issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Adddyshan

Thanks for popping back - we are sorry that you are still having issues with the delivery reports via your S9+ handset. 

This is a handset feature - not a network feature and as such this is not something that Virgin Media would be able to assist any further with other than going through the set up via your handset setting menu. 

Just to confirm, the way to switch the delivery reports on are as follows: 

1. Switch on your Samsung Galaxy S9+
  2. From the App menu, tap on the Settings app
  3. Then select Applications from the options
  4. Choose the Messages
  5. Click on the Advanced Settings
  6. Then go to SMS option
  7. Scroll through the options until you find the Delivery Reports
  8. Then tap on the toggle switch beside to switch the feature ON

I am sorry that we can't assist you any further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos