Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Notifications WhatsApp snap email

The same problem here, every agent ask you to check the settings in my mobile,but nothing works

I check the APN

Battery saver is turn off

Notification settings ok

I wonder what else have to do,the next will be go to another provider 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi HHPATEL,

Are you able to advise what handset you're using at the moment? Are other methods of data usage similarly affected?

Do you have your phone enabled to use background data?

Thanks,
Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'm using google pixel 2

Background active to WhatsApp

I'm installed and installed again the app

I did a data factory reset in my mobile 

Facebook messenger and emails are affected as well

Anyway,this issue it's not just in my mobile,my husband's mobile has the same issue,his mobile it's a Nexus 5x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

It has been sort of accepted that this maybe a network problem in this thread link below, may be good idea to add a comment in that thread as well

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WhatsApp-messages-not-coming-through/m-p/3976747/...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Also please don't let teabags note deter you all from not adding to this thread ...keep on adding to this  please!!!! ...... the more awareness virgin has the more chance of a solution .....I'm literally not in a position to change network financially and this has had a tremendous effect on my only way to connect to my partner of 18 months communication is KEY 

Note too Virgin mobile ..this is real people with real NETWORK problem please sort it out or give people the right to end contract without having to stay or incurring cost..maybe if you took the time to phone each of you're customers rather than allowing build up of complaints/inquiries and resolved each case by case in favour of the customer is a solution that works 

KEEP this and every thread going please people 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Its a samsung s7. I have checked every single setting possible. Background data is on.

I seem to get other notifications, unlike a lot of other people on this thread. Data for everything else works (internet etc),.just no notifications for whatsapp.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Alanmobilenew

Have you tried using a VPN app?
For me push notifications arrives instantly over VPN connection with zero delays, there are plenty of free VPN apps on Play store.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I really think un about that,but is It not a little unsafe to use a free VPN?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Personally I wouldn't rush into using a free VPN, you never know what information would be 'intercepted' between you<->VPN<->destination. Even with paid ones, it's a bit of an unknown....

But that's not the point here - it appears Virgin are throttling various notifications over their network. It's been reported for many months (just check the forum) but they won't admit as much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Well, what is safe really?
Google and Facebook collects all your information regardless and we still use them. Plus WhatsApp have end-to-end encryption, so I wouldn't worry about using a free VPN, just find one that you trust.

At least some on this list looks OK to me with a reasonable privacy policy - https://www.techradar.com/uk/vpn/best-free-vpn

I don't see why Virgin would throttle notifications (there is no reason to do so on purpose), probably just a network glitch that needs fixing.
0 Kudos