Menu
HNP
Tuning in
Message 101 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in iMessages being sent

Unfortunately this issue is not just related to iPhone users. I have a Samsung and do not get my whatsapp messages on mobile data until I open the app.

I've called virgin mobile multiple times and have got nowhere...they are just blaming my phone. So frustrating. I've filled a formal complaint and I am planning to leave as I have never had this issue with any other network.

It's a real shame that virgin are not taking these issues seriously and do not appear to be doing anything to resolve it. They also don't seem bothered about losing customers as customer services were very quick to put me through to the cancellation team when I said I wanted to cancel my contract.

0 Kudos
robtumble
Tuning in
Message 102 of 114
Flag for a moderator

I think I have the same problem with VM. I opened a different thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Samsung-J6-and-Virgin-Network-Notification-proble...

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

I am likely to open a complaint about the 'Premium Service' I was offered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 103 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Switched Vodafone pay as you go. Problem solved!

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 104 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Happen the same with my mobile,I don't receive any WhatsApp messages until I wake the phone,whe it's connected to WiFi work ok

My phone it's a Google pixel 2 , battery saver it's not active and I got the new SIM card from the last year 

0 Kudos
ashlyray
Joining in
Message 105 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data goes to sleep

All fixed now, thanks Emma.

0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 106 of 114
Flag for a moderator

All,

If you are still having this issue then call up Virgin Mobile and ask for a technical IT ticket to be raised. This is the only way to get to a resolution as there is clearly a network issue causing this. You may need to specifically demand for a IT ticket to be raised before it gets done and you will be given a reference number of the issue that has been logged. More of us that raise the ticket the faster the fix will be identified/applied.
0 Kudos
Lastofficial
Tuning in
Message 107 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately VM agents don’t like to come off the predetermined track of asking you to reset your phone for the 14th time across 10 phone calls!

i had a direct message from virgin saying they had looked into the issue and that they had worked on sorting it and to let them know if it had made it better, for me sadly it hasn’t, ringing up and asking for a ticket may raise awareness it’s still an issue, but this has been going on so long now I imagine most people will have moved networks

0 Kudos
ashlyray
Joining in
Message 108 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Issue has returned again after 3 weeks. Getting same issue data stops working.

0 Kudos
Lastofficial
Tuning in
Message 109 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it’s in BM hands, customer service don’t have the capacity to help with the issue as it’s at their end and they don’t really know what the issue is. I’ve found it’s slightly better but still this issue persists most of the time. 

Hopefully this is something VM pick up on in this thread and issue an update. 

A few people have cancelled their VM sim and moved to other networks and they don’t experience this issue, they still pay for the phone and go for a monthly sim plan with someone else, you can give 28 days notice to leave the sim plan with VM they cant stop you doing that, but your tied in to keep playing for the phone if that’s what you went for

0 Kudos
PPB123
Joining in
Message 110 of 114
Flag for a moderator

I have been messaging CS over three days. I'm exasperated - its been painful answering the same questions four times! Only after telling them a ticket number did they begin to take my problem a little more seriously - they have asked me to wait 24-48 hours as they believe an update for the ticket was found yesterday for it being resolved. Fingers crossed! 

0 Kudos