Menu
mr07
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Data drops / disappears when I'm in a call - is this standard? Do you all experience this too?

I'm using a micro SIM only for an unlocked Moto G4 Plus that's always active on 4g. Whenever I make a call ALL data drops from my phone call and I can't send emails / use Whatsapp / receive anything during the call. I thought this was a problem with my phone however I recently bought an iPhone 7 and the same issue has continued.

I have had a text-a-thon twice with Virgin using the number they suggest to text (07533016422 ) and have tried refreshing the network / phone on and off / even a hard factory reset but still when I make phone calls I have no data.

I am now wondering - is this just something that all Virgin SIM users experience or do Virgin need to give me a new SIM?

Any insight would be very much appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data drops / disappears when I'm in a call - is this standard? Do you all experience this too?

If your phone is using 3G to make the call, then data will stop working during the call. 

Many networks now offer 4G Calling (known as VoLTE) but Virgin Mobile doesn't on the current EE network (even though EE itself does) they are gradually moving over to Vodafone which will support 4G Calling on Virgin Mobile.