cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT try and order a new phone from Virgin Mobile

joeyoe1988
Joining in

This process has been an absolute disaster. I tried to order an upgraded contract phone twice on the Virgin website, both of which were simply cancelled with no explanation or reasoning despite easily passing the credit checks. On the third attempt I did over the phone and once again, easily passed the credit checks but the order was 'parked' indefinitely and with no updates yet 48 hrs later from Virgin, no response from their messaging service and no call updates. I expect this too will simply be cancelled with no explanation. The entire process is a complete mess, i've genuinely never found it so difficult to purchase anything ever, and I am currently buying a property which has genuinely been much less hassle. I honestly would not wish buying anything from Virgin on my worst enemy, it is utterly hopeless and all that will happen is your credit rating is damaged, and you will not end up with a mobile phone. 

19 REPLIES 19

joeyoe1988
Joining in

They said it would be delivered on Saturday, so i asked them to prioritise it with the 'back office' team so that it would get sorted before the cut-off today. But since that is in an hour, it seems highly unlikely that this will get done now so probably isn't going to be delivered tomorrow, so presumably it has not been prioritised at all, despite the week of appalling service. 

Hi @joeyoe1988, we really hope this is sorted out before the cut-off point and that the delivery goes ahead tomorrow. 

If, however, that doesn't materialise, please pop back to us and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

joeyoe1988
Joining in

It will not be sorted before the cut-off today, unless you can speak to someone in whatever the 'back office' is to do this as promised and get it done in the next 30 minutes, but I am pretty sure given the atrocious service for an entire week to do something as simple as purchase a mobile phone, it will not happen. 

Thanks for coming back to us joeyoe1988, we cannot help further from here, the team that you have spoken to will be working on this for you and hopefully they can get it done, so your delivery can go ahead tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

joeyoe1988
Joining in

As expected, it has not been processed as promised multiple times, so Virgin Mobile continue to refuse to allow me to purchase a new phone after a whole week of doing so, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Please send me information so I can make a complaint, and I will do the same to the relevant ombudsman because it is appalling that Virgin Mobile perform credit checks, which I passed easily, and then cancel orders for no reason or just not process them at all, over the course of an entire week. This should have been a simple process, and Virgin Mobile have turned into a disaster, with no progress and no solutions. 

I truly hope this thread serves as a warning to prospective customers, and long standing existing customers like myself. 

Thanks for coming back to us joeyoe1988 and I'm sorry that your order hasn't yet gone through. 

You can make a complaint about your experience using the information here and the team will be able to get this investigated.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jsal1995
Joining in

you and me both, horrendous service 

same for me 4/5 days no contact, does anyone work in this back office ? or is it were all phone orders go to die ? we have multiple phones with you in my family and we have internet and tv and we will be moving service provider with everything as this is the worst service in any company ive ever had. 

joeyoe1988
Joining in

It's a mess, the third order I made over the phone was just randomly cancelled for no reason either, even though i easily passed the credit checks. Atrocious service 

We're sorry for the experience you've had joeyoe1988, it's most likely that you've had too many searches, you would need to wait 30 days for them to clear, before trying again.

Alex_Rm