Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contradiction of Virgin vs. phone call barring settings - and told to get new SIM????

No, I was not experiencing issues with data roaming. The issue is in my earlier post highlighted in bold, it is the issue of website stating I WILL lose data roaming after the change. 

It is beyond me how even bold underlined quote in earlier post can be completely misread like this, sorry but giving me standard replies without even reading bold underlined statement in my post is rather pointless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contradiction of Virgin vs. phone call barring settings - and told to get new SIM????

Hi palmyra08 

Can you provide us with a link please so that we can look in to this further, which page is this on? Chris. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks, it is on "final steps" page, please see "If you're going abroad" part which has the sentence I quoted earlier:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-almost-done

The sentence 2nd part that I was quoting : "however your data and MMS settings won’t be active while you’re abroad."  

This is at least misleading as it suggests even if roaming is enabled, one loses data roaming...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi palmyra08,

We will investigate this further from our side and we will also feed this back.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Much appreciated, however as I found this out by surprise after ordering the seemingly necessary new SIM, if this is true then it is a huge negative effect and I shall promptly change provider, it is simply unacceptable - also that it was not highlighted when pushing for the new SIM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi palmyra08,

Thank you for your prompt response. You may find this page useful for any further guidance on setting up your SIM before travelling. We have also fed this back so the page you have pointed out is made clearer to customers.

Many thanks,

Louis

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Indeed, and thanks, I was very aware of that page and also of the tech aspects - you may appreciate how the page I linked, with its absolute and unconditional statement, basically nullifies any roaming setup-related information since it simply states: no data roaming will work, full stop. 

So this indeed should be corrected , if taken literally as is, it is very scary 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi palmyra08,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will get this fed back.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

To add to the fun, I just realised that for the past few hours nobody could call me any more, but I still have service and outgoing calls... so I am told still not to change to new SIM until I completely lose service... and it may take until midnight today.

Amazing. Everything previously said it will not be disruptive... except maybe up to 10 minutes activating new SIM. Astonishing what one pays for to be told wholly inaccurate information and now I am completely unreachable on my mobile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi palmyra08,

Thank you for coming back to me, I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused and for any incorrect information you may have been given.

Everything should be resolved by midnight tonight.

Kind regards

Paul.