cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact names not showing on calls

AlecBlues27
Joining in

My Iphone SE has recently stopped displaying caller name when I receive calls. However, when the call has ended the callers name appears in recent calls. Similar in messages - not showing callers name even when they are in my contacts.

I'm backed up to Icloud and have reset a couple of times. All contacts on phone good, just not displaying name on callers.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AlecBlues27,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear of this issue you're facing with your handset lately.

I see you've mentioned that it happens when you receive calls. Does it appear and act as it should when you make calls?

I know this may sound super simple, but have you tried powering off your handset, leaving it off for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back on? This can sometimes rectify errors like this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zac,

Just completed a Factory Restore and that appears to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Hi @AlecBlues27,

Thanks for the prompt response and update on this.

I am glad to hear that this has been resolved, and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this caused.

If there's anything further that we can help you out with, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!