Menu
Highlighted
Min78
Joining in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check your mobile tariff!!!!!

I have just been looking back through may payments for my wife's mobile account and realized that they have increased my plan charges by over 300% this year. I understand there are inflationary increase but this is awful. I have rang customer services and was advised that this notification was sent out in Feb by text and post and should have called in if i was not happy with the changes. As a loyal customer for many years i have trusted virgin media/mobile and never had a reason to not trust them and now they have done this. I had bought a phone and contract for £25 month which should end in November  but for the last 5 months i have effectively paid £34 per month for. The customer service agent was awful and would not move away from the fact the we were advised in February and should have made a call up to end of march to offered a discount to align to new tariffs. She also advised that there were large number of calls and she could no longer assist.

In addition to this what I dont understand is that I was able to go into and change my tariff myself and apply a discount myself from next month. Why was this not automatically applied to existing contracts in April. why do customers have to ring up to get the discount applied. Its robbery because you have no choice to remain on the contract you signed up for initially.   

Annotation 2019-09-02 153356.png

I am loyal virgin customer for over 20 years now and i have never had any issues up until today. Very disappointed. All the customer representative needed to do was apply a credit to the account for the above 5 months but  outright refused to do anything. I will be taking my custom to alternative supplier for TV,broadband and Mobile at the end of the current contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Min78,

I'm sorry to hear that the tariff increase on your wife's account has caused some concern and also for any problems you have recently had with our customer care team over the phone. 

I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at this situation. 

You can access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Dean C

0 Kudos
tazrocks
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm confused as to why vm only have three advertised tariffs when buying a new phone 

@dstroke7 wrote:

Received my usual monthly refresh text message this morning with one additional. It said...

"All done! Your're now on 4G 1500mins + 3GB We switched you over today you can now use your allowances."

Its been a while, I couldn't remember what my tariff actually was, so I checked.

Not only have they changed my tariff but also increased the price by 30%!!! Which I hadn't asked for.
I called them and they said it was because of the RPI increase which is utter BS. I insisted they put my tariff back to what it was and back to the price it was last month etc.

As far as I know based on what they said, my tariff should be back to where it is with no additional charges.

This is totally out of order and completely wrong. I'd advise ALL check their tariff to see if you've been moved without asking.

0 Kudos