Menu
duncsdonut1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Charged for cancelling withjin 14 days

Hi there,

Signed up to virgin on a 12 month contract on the 19th February but never received the sim card. Just rang up (which took over an hour on hold) to cancel it as I am well within the 14 days cooling off period. Spoke to a lady who was very nice and clearly told me there would be no charges at all unless I had used it  because I was with the 14 days and she would process it.

I then got an e mail to say "we have cancelled your contract as requested" Your 12m has ended but a 1 month notice period still applies, so you'll pay £6.71 on your next bill to cover the rest of your notice period to 03/-03/2021 -04/04/21. That is on top of the £13 Virgin already took out of my bank today.

Thier customer satisfaction guarantee says "You’ll be charged for any airtime or data used or bought according to your plan" so why am I being charged when I haven't used any..

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for cancelling withjin 14 days

Hi duncsdonut1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you have been charged money you weren't expecting, in regards to a Oomph package the discounts ETC go on your media account and the bills are charged a month in advance, when you removed the deal you would also lose any discount associated so the charge may be the pro rata credit that has been removed, I advise speaking to our customer services so they can look further and explain more if this is the case.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
duncsdonut1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you actually read my message ??

I have been charged for a service I never got a chance to use and a service I cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period as per the Virgin "customer Service Guarantee"

As to ringing the Virgin Customer Service Team, have you tried that lately. look on Trust pilot and read all the negative reviews and you will see how easy that is.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion, we'll pop you over a private message to pass security on the account and take a look.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
duncsdonut1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Worst Company in the world, still no refund. Been promised one by the Virgin team on here but nothing. The Complaints Team have just sent me a letter saying that as they haven't responded to my complaint in the required 8 weeks I can take it to arbitration. 

0 Kudos