cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make calls after account switch

Fordwychroad94
Joining in

Hi, 

I have been having trouble making calls after switching the ownership of my account from a parent to myself. I can still text, receive calls and use my mobile data. I just can't make calls.

Since I can't make calls, I am unable to call the customer support of virgin media and there is no way to contact by email so I must use this method.

I suspect the reason I cannot make calls is because I have not paid my 1st bill (Set up a direct debit over the phone before the switch occurred but for some reason, it has not gone through. It is registered on the website but the funds have not left my bank account). I tried to pay the 1st bill online but it keeps saying the payment has been declined by my bank even though I approved it myself on my bank app. Can someone please help? 

11 REPLIES 11

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fordwychroad94

Sorry to hear of the mobile issues experience making calls, we understand the confusion this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Have you received a first bill yet? If so, what date does it advise it is due to be requested from your bank? Are you able to receive calls? Is this in one or multiple locations?

Have you spoken to your bank in regards to why the Direct Debit wasn't taken or why you can't process the payment via your online account? We can't take payments via the forums but you can call the mobile team from any line on 0345 600 0789.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have not received a bill yet as the account switch was made just yesterday. However, on the virgin mobile online account, in my overview, it lists a recent charge that has not been paid. There is a link under the title "make a first payment" called "make a payment" and I have been trying to use that to pay the 1st bill but virgin keeps saying my bank is declining the payment when it is in fact virgin that keeps refunding the payments after they have been made.

I am unable to make any calls so I have not been able to speak with my bank, however on my bank app, when I ask why my last payment has been declined, they refer to a payment declined before this issue and do not register the virgin mobile declines as a payment decline. Virgin media takes the money out and then immediately refunds it for some reason.

I live alone so I am not able to make calls from any other line. Is there an email or something I can contact?

If the change was only made yesterday then a first bill might not have been produced yet let alone requested via Direct Debit as this is usually 10 working days after the bill is produced. The 'charge' will more than likely be the tariff being added, does the amount match what you agreed as the price?

Do you know if the account was up to date prior to being transferred to you? We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm or you can send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-11pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday. 

Rob

Ok that makes sense, thank you. But is it normal for me to not be able to make calls after a transfer? The charge requested matches the agreed tariff and the account was up to date prior to transfer. I have now managed to may the payment using another card (the issue was probably due to the card address being different than what virgin media noted down) but am still unable to make calls. The "my virgin media" app is up to date as it has a record of how many texts I have sent and how much data I have used this far but for some reason, whenever I try to make a call, I hear 3 beeps and then the call immediately disconnects. Any insights to what that issue might be? Thank you for your help thus far

The day of the transfer can have some issues with the service, this can last up to 24 hours whilst all of the information is filtered through. Can you try a reboot and see if it automatically connects to a network?

If not, try a manual search to see if this allows you to make calls.

Rob

I still have bars and am continue to have them after restarting my phone if that is what you mean. I am still having the problem with the three beeps then disconnecting. Not sure how to do this manually.

What number are you trying to call? Is it a UK number or international?

Rob

It's just normal UK numbers. Also 789 does not work 

As the changes are recent, let the 24 hours pass and reboot every couple of hours as if it is a information issue and its just updating rebooting will refresh this with the network and your handset.

If you're still having issues tomorrow, let me know and we can take  closer look. Also does the manual search help? 

Rob