cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to report no virgin mobile signal

Anita-k
Joining in

Hi Folks, 

I’m wondering if I anyone has experienced the below and can please.  I’m trying to report that the only mobile phone in the house has had no network coverage at all for upwards of 2 days.  I have got another IPhone so I put the SIM in that phone and it behaved very similarly.  I checked both phones neither are blacklisted and on both phones I have had less than 1 bar for literally 2/3 minutes each when I first changed the SIM (no case on the phones at the time may have helped.  

I have tried to log into the Virgin Mobile app however I appear to have forgotten my password or got myself locked out.  I have tried to reset my password or be advised of my e-mail and password many times but the only verification method the Virgin Mobile site will accept is a code in a text sent to the phone that has zero signal.  I’m guessing I’m not the only person this is affecting or that has had this challenge in the past.  Does anyone know if there are new network settings for Virgin, a mast problem in Milton Keynes or a way to rest your Virgin Mobile account without being able to receive a text please.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anita-k,

Welcome to our community forum.

Sorry to hear about this signal issue and the login issues you have recently due to that.
Please, check here to see what signal you get from our mobile coverage checker, in your area.

We can also help you out with the login problem, I will send you a PM now to do this.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you have an iPhone do you have WiFi Calling switched on. When signal is poor (or even no signal at all) you are able to make calls and send text in the usual way using WiFi rather than clear signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli

Thank you very much for trying to help, I have all the wifi calling etc turned on temporarily whilst I have zero network coverage however the phone is constantly seeking a signal so tries to take the call through the mobile network route rather than wifi.   It won’t even send or receive a text message through wifi, even though the network signal signal is well and truly dead.  I can send and receive calls through What’s App with excellent quality (better than 4G when the phone case is fitted) but I can’t call Virgin on What’s App or change my password so I can log into Virgin Mobile to report the problem (can only be done using a text message - played that game before 😳

It is really strange as I have never had a network problem in the 9 years I’ve lived here and have a 10 month old enormous 5G mast about 80 yards from my front door, with no disruption of line of sight.  

I have a sneaking suspicion it’s one of those apple own-goals where they update the IOS and create some awful bug with the network connection settings, it may miraculously but silently resolve itself in 2 updates from now following strenuous denials from Apple that there was anything amiss.  

Kind regards 

Anita