Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get texts or calls from Vodafone family contacts

I got the SIM swap done. 

NOW I cannot get texts from my husband or son who are on Vodafone, but I can text them.  We all have Samsung phones.  

They can't answer or initiate a text.  I have turned my phone off/on, etc. No change.  

They cannot ring ME either.    I can ring them.

I have an important eye hospital appointment coming up and am on a list to be advised if there is a cancellation.  I see that no NHS texts can come through either.

And my grandson's nursery has me as emergency contact as I live close.

What is going on... help please!!!   

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get texts or calls from Vodafone family contacts

Can't help on the calling side 😞

The NHS (shortcode 80870) are fine coming in, it's just not possible to reply to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what number your local hospital uses? All the hospitals round here (Merseyside) use standard 07 numbers.

When you say SIM swap, was this swapping Virgin SIMs or moving from another network? If the later it may mean the port has not gone all the way through on the systems.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that... but I do not understand this other not being able to get any incoming.  I am trying to get someone else to ring or text me who is not on Vodafone, but am not hopeful.  😭

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This was the SIM upgrade nightmare thingy which we did on 20 February without any problems... so I thought.

I am in Bristol.  What do you mean it did 'not go all the way through'.....  that sounds interesting.  I am trying to get someone to ring me now that is not on vodafone... I don't know anyone else with Virgin (figures).   Thanks for reply....  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if this is a problem because I did not get the original SIM.... it never arrived. The woman on the phone said many did not get them and replacements were sent out.  The letter that went with the replacement one was a bit different from what the voice in the video above is saying.  Is there a copy of this letter online here as mine has gone in the bin.  I know we did all the stuff that came with the lost in the post replacement... but need to double check.  Can someone point to it?

I am really screwed here... cannot receive any calls or texts and can only think I must still be on the old network somehow.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lewlew,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to receive calls or texts from Vodafone numbers and understand it's frustrating.

So I can help, I'm going to need some more details about the fault.

Are you able to make calls okay to Vodafone and other non-Virgin Mobile numbers but just can't receive calls?

Can you try a different handset and receive calls and can you try a manual network search? Is it the same result?

Look forward to your response so I can do some digging behind the scenes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,   

I do not have any spare handsets around.

I cannot even receive calls on my mobile FROM my Virgin Landline. I can make calls and create texts, I just cannot receive them. I do not know where they are going but am starting to have suspicions that the SWITCH thingy did not go through or similar. 

I do not have the letter than came with the SECOND posted SIM card, but I still have my OLD SIM card.   So tomorrow I was thinking I would remove the new one and pop the old one back in to see if the text messages which people have sent me pop onto my phone. 

If they do, then I would think the NEW SIM did not get registered with you in some way.  If I look at the mobile networks on my phone with the NEW SIM card..., it says VIRGIN.  I do not know what it said before the swap.

I have another problem in that when I kept getting reminded about changing, and that no SIM made its way to me, I had to ring 789 to get another one sent out and was told that many people did not get them.   Unfortunately I had not logged into my mobile account in a long time and forgot pw, so we reset it on the phone with the 789 person.  It does not seem to work and I am thinking they did not enter it correctly as they did not use the phonetic alphabet to check it with me. So today I could not communicate as the bleeping verification code was sent to my phone and not to my email, so I could not reset the phone password.

Help!

ETA:  I had someone leave a voicemail on my mobile, but when I dial 222, it says I have no messages. So perhaps incoming is still on the old SIM ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Lewlew. I'm going to take a peek at your network details so I'll send you a Private Message.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

PLEASE HELP Virgin Media TEAM!!!

Can a team member please PICK UP AND REVIEW MY PMs  with Lisa about this from up to 10 pm last night?  I guess she went off duty at that time.

As of 10 pm and for some time up to then last night she was helping me, and I followed all the instructions, but the NEW SIM will not activate.  If you view the PM's you will see the instructions and my replies.   I thought by this morning the text from Virgin would have come in saying I am activated, but no. I need my phone!!!

Only OUTGOING calls and texts can be made to anyone, this is not limited to Vodafone.  This has not changed.  PLEASE help!   

0 Kudos