cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls keep cutting out

stu2art
Joining in

Hi, My wifes calls keep cutting out when she is using it, either incoming or outgoing calls. She was on a really old PAYG sim and we've continuously kept improving her contract. But what ever phone she uses her calls cut off after about 2mins of calls. this doesn't happen if I put my vodafone sim in her phone, so suspect the sim / signal having issues.

I see on this forum that other users have had issues over the months - and just reading that 1 user had a really old SIM (white one) and needed a new one to be compatible with newer technologies. Perhaps this is the issue. I am sure my wife has got this old white sim.

please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stu2art

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear your wife is having issues with her SIM but we can certainly look into this for you. 

Just a few questions, 

Does this happen both when she receives calls and when she makes call or is just one or the other? 

May sound very obvious indeed, but has your wife also rebooted her phone just to see if this makes a difference at all? 

Please do let me know as I'm more than happy to help you both 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Modern SIM cards have a purple edging. If it is a PAYG SIM it should have been changed in the last couple of years. If not I'm surprised as all of the old ones should have been withdrawn.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stu2art

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear your wife is having issues with her SIM but we can certainly look into this for you. 

Just a few questions, 

Does this happen both when she receives calls and when she makes call or is just one or the other? 

May sound very obvious indeed, but has your wife also rebooted her phone just to see if this makes a difference at all? 

Please do let me know as I'm more than happy to help you both 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, this keeps happening to both incoming and outgoing calls and doesn't matter who she's calling on what other network.

I believe someone on here suggested an old sim that may cause the problem. Her sim is a white one with a virgin mobile logo on it.i am not sure if this is an old one and compatible with 4g networking.

Hi @stu2art,

Thanks for clarifying.

We can certainly look to order a replacement SIM to see if that resolves the issue.

Will pop you a PM now to grab some more info.

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me stu2art, let us know how it goes with the new SIM - or if there's anything else we can help with.