cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and texts not working abroad

KittyS1
Joining in

Hi there - I am in Australia and neither my calls or texts are working. Roaming is turned on in my account. I can neither receive nor make calls/send texts. 
I do not want to turn Data Roaming on which is the advice I have been given so far, I just need calls and texts. 
Please could you help? 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KittyS1

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced using your mobile in Australia, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm a couple of details for us please?

• Has this worked previously for you outside of the UK?
  • Has it worked in other area's during this trip?
  • Are there any other people with you on Virgin Mobile not experiencing this issue?
  • Have you tried a manual network search to see if other networks allow calls and texts?

You can find how to do a manual network search on the website of the handset manufacturer you're using.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

- My phone HAS worked for me outside of the UK before. 

- I believe it was working when I was in Perth Western Australia because I received a text message. However, I have only started trying to call and send text messages now that I am in Sydney. It is not working at all here which is a real issue. 

- No one else I am with in on Virgin Mobile.

- I have just tried the manual network selection and none of them worked for me. 

Many thanks,

Kitty

I will check this via our system and will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you Kitty.

Rob