cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely AWFUL Mobile signal

Nicola7982
Joining in

I've just gone with virgin mobile for my 2 kids & myself and our mobile networks are extremely shocking!

I'm currently awaiting for Virgin to set up my broadband so I'm not even able to use wi-fi calling (I'm hoping this actually works once they install my broadband). It's extremely important that I have a decent signal strength as I get very important calls that I need to take daily & I'm unable to do this! This urgently needs to be sorted out where I am, like ASAP. I hope that Virgin can get this issue sorted out & fast!

I my phone never rings when someone's trying to call me & I don't even get any notifications until I'm away from my house & out of the village I live in that's near Basingstoke.

I also keep getting a small black box pop up at the bottom of my screen that says refreshing sim which shows up like 4-5 times everyday, I've tried doing the whole registering on the 2g network then selecting virgin network & then putting it back onto 4g under virgin network again, restarting my phone & trying to register on another network & nothing seems to work, plus I keep getting messages (when I'm away from the area I live in) telling me I've got a voicemail message 7x a day but there's no new voicemails on there & I don't understand why this keeps happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nicola7982 wrote:
  • Thank you for your information, Vodafone has a good signal here so it's not that reason. How do I find out if it's the 5g thing or faulty mast?
  • Kind regards

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Might be a local mast is out of service either for upgrade to 5G or due to a fault.  If that's the case things will improve.

VM use the Vodafone network for newly sold mobile contracts; If the Vodafone coverage in your area is poor, then chances of Vodafone spending the money to improve it are pretty low - there will be a budget for extending coverage, but the priority at the moment will be 5G coverage in the existing coverage areas.  Ask neighbours what their experience of mobile coverage is - if Vodafone has always been poor you have to assume it will remain so, and that VM will likewise be poor.  If this is the case, and a deal breaker, you may want to cancel the contract under your 14 day cooling off rights?

• Thank you for your information, Vodafone has a good signal here so it's not that reason. How do I find out if it's the 5g thing or faulty mast?
  • Kind regards

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nicola7982 wrote:
  • Kind regards

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@enlli Do you know if the VM/Vodafone deal excludes some frequencies, that would explain apparent differences between Vodafone's own customers and VM customers?  I have a hazy recollection there was something like this for the EE deal?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not to my knowledge. The EE one was a special case as they kept the 800MHz frequency to their top paying customers in order to supply VoLTE. 

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Nicola7982,

Sorry to hear that you are having mobile service issues, for coverage issues you are welcome to take a look here:

However I have also sent you a private message to confirm your account details so we can see what's happening wiith the SIM card

Cheers,

Corey C