cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad - no signal or data

Jbwb20
Joining in

Hello,

I’ve been abroad in EU for the past week and since arriving I’ve had no signal or data (except the very rare occasion that lasts around 10 seconds). 

My partner is with me and he is also uses Virgin Mobile, except he’s had constant signal and 4G (if anything it’s better than in the UK!). 

I’ve looked on the forum and tried different things (switching roaming on/off; going to sim applications and selecting manual & international which worked for 10 secs then went back to no service. 

Please could I have some help? I noticed there’s a text service to use, but I can’t access this as haven’t got the signal 😞 

Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Jbwb20,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your mobile.

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you.

Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My mobile data is on but not working” could be caused by a minor system glitch or an error from your mobile operator that can be fixed by rebooting your phone. In that case, just reboot your phone to see if the trick works: You can restart most Android devices by long-pressing the power button for about 10 seconds.

Restart your device several times as soon as you arrive abroad. Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another. Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings.

My Ascension Employee Portal

@Lyla251 wrote:

Restart your device several times as soon as you arrive abroad. Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another. Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings.

Drift Hunters

your play's a wow!