Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

11 spam calls in 3 days

Since changing to Virgin mobile a few months ago I have noticed a huge increase in spam calls. I am blocking them one by one but I have resorted to turn my Do Not Disturb function on and only allowing contacts in my phone book through.

How can I stop this happening?

My number has always been registered with the TPS also.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 11 spam calls in 3 days

Hello Def88,

Welcome to our community and sorry to hear you're having some mobile issues.

If you've exhausted all avenues of blocking numbers and using the telephone preference service, we can change your number if you're happy with this resolve?

Please let us know so we can assist further.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am manually blocking the numbers as they call.

The phone doesn't ring when the numbers try to call me over and over and over and over again everyday!

My call log fills with their numbers everyday, even at weekends.

Why am I suddenly receiving a massive number of spam calls after changing to Virgin???

Changing my number won't help if you keep giving out my phone number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When you sign up to Virgin Mobile we would have read out a marketing statement which you can opt out of on your online account if you didn't do so at point of sale, but this would only mean contact from Virgin Media services and we would never give them to anyone outside the Virgin Media companies.

If these calls are not from Virgin Media companies it would not be us who have done so, have you put your contact details when signing up to anything recently other than moving your mobile over to us if this is the case? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have already been told my marketing preferences are switched off. The only new thing I have done is change mobile providers.

0 Kudos