Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo tuners not initiating

I wouldn’t trust that answer.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I wonder what they consider sufficient usage? Personally, I used it several times every day. It's so frustrating now. Is it on the new V6? Because if it is, why include a feature that apparently isn't used?!

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@MrsE34 wrote:

Is it on the new V6?

Post #10.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chops
Rising star
Message 24 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@MrsE34 wrote:

I wonder what they consider sufficient usage? Personally, I used it several times every day. It's so frustrating now. Is it on the new V6? Because if it is, why include a feature that apparently isn't used?!

The answer you were given doesn't make much sense as it remains active on the V6.

The response on here from Modteam 2 weeks ago was .....".To improve the performance of the TiVo® box, recent changes have been applied to ‘idle’ tuners that are not recording.. Due to this change the ‘ live tuner setting’ no longer appears . This information can still be accessed by selecting ‘My Shows’ to see what is being recorded’...."

I have not any noticed any performance improvement at all in the last 6 weeks since it was introduced.

0 Kudos
gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 46
Flag for a moderator

The downgrade means pausing one show, changing tuner and watching something else, than going back to the paused tuner, is not possible. 

I didn't realise how useful this feature is and how often I used it until it was taken away. 

My Tivo is just as slow and clunky even with this performance boost. 

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 46
Flag for a moderator

You can only see what's on another tuner if you're recording. I like to skip between them, particularly if adverts are on. Or I'd look and see what was on each tuner, incase I wanted to rewind one, and watch the show from the start. I'd like to know what supposed improvements there have been.

ianmac795
Tuning in
Message 27 of 46
Flag for a moderator

So if it doesn’t affect the V6, is the Virgin pressuring me to sign up for one for an additional £19 a month or else it’s hard luck on us TiVo users? Kinda feels like it as I’ve seen diddly squat word from Virgin advising us of a fix in place to reinstate this part of the service that was not broken and didn’t need fixed.

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 28 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@japitts wrote:

Well it's clearly an intentional move to scrap this feature so I just hope there are good reasons behind it.

I would reserve judgement on that until confirmed by Virgin Media that this is a feature removed. I, personally, cannot believe it is not a bug. The Virgin Media forum team are aware that a response on this matter is required.

Virgin Media have done the same thing (software wise) with all of their previous devises. "Accidentally" introducing software errors that are never resolved. It's their way of forcing customers to upgrade. Forcing them to pay more for the services received and forcing them into a new contract. They will lose some customers but the ones that upgrade more than makes up for the losses. This is the way things are. Accept it or leave.

I used the switching tuners a lot when I was with VM. I'm really happy that I left before this "feature" was (un)introduced. VM have been adding software errors to the TiVo for the last couple of years and not fixing them. As things stand, I have absolutely no interest in returning.

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 29 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@HairyFacedHuman wrote:

I used the switching tuners a lot when I was with VM. I'm really happy that I left before this "feature" was (un)introduced. VM have been adding software errors to the TiVo for the last couple of years and not fixing them. As things stand, I have absolutely no interest in returning.

Out of interest, what other software errors have they introduced in the past couple of years? I happen to agree this one is bizarre at best.

gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I know that the Suggestions feature failed for months after an update a while ago. I had many debates with Customer (Dis) Service over it as they claimed it was my fault. Two engineers and a new Tivo proved me right, not to mention £5 credit each month that it didn't work.

Surely it is more cost effective to do things properly first time. I am planning to go down the credit route if my tuners are not restored in the couple of days. Maybe if enough people do the same Virgin will fix this issue before the Sun engulfs the Universe and everything perishes.