Menu
Highlighted
gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo tuners not initiating

I have the same problem. It was a feature we used a lot. The 'Customer Service' chap insisted it was a software upgrade but surely taking away one of the key features of the Tivo is a downgrade 

Why are Virgin so useless? 

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 46
Flag for a moderator

So that's it, we just have to put up with this "downgrade?!" That's ridiculous, I pay for 3 tuners and I can't access 2 of them. For the price I'm paying I expect much better! 

gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Other TV providers are available...

We have phone, TV, broadband and mobiles with Virgin and when it works it is reasonable value for money but cancel one component (like TV because I only have one tuner now and I am sulking) and the price shoots up. Over a barrel springs to mind.

SO GIVE ME MY TUNERS BACK PLEASE! 

chops
Rising star
Message 14 of 46
Flag for a moderator

It's now 6 weeks since this software bug/downgrade was first identified and still no official announcement or acknowledgment of it from VM. Instead it's being rolled out to affect more areas and customers. The call centre also seem not to have any knowledge of the problem and just continue to suggest technician visits or change hardware to the V6 as a 'solution'.  Maybe that was the intention - replace TiVo's and create more work for the technicians and call centre along with further frustrating  customers

VM show us you really do listen to your customers - apologise for messing up and sort out this debacle asap.

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 15 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I'll live to regret saying this, but it's interesting how some areas don't yet have this new software. There you go, I'll have jinxed it.

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Well, we only just got it this week, that's in North Yorkshire. They're just doing it a bit at a time. But yeah, they shouldn't be rolling out something with a known major issue.

ianmac795
Tuning in
Message 17 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Yup, since my software update this week in Belfast has installed, I’ve lost the tuners too. How have VM not it fixed this yet? It’s one of the best features VM offered. I’m raging it’s gone. 

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 18 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Well it's clearly an intentional move to scrap this feature so I just hope there are good reasons behind it.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Well it's clearly an intentional move to scrap this feature so I just hope there are good reasons behind it.

I would reserve judgement on that until confirmed by Virgin Media that this is a feature removed. I, personally, cannot believe it is not a bug. The Virgin Media forum team are aware that a response on this matter is required.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I have called 'Customer Service' twice now and both times they were adamant that this feature had been removed due to it not being used sufficiently. 

0 Kudos