Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sky sports

I have subscribed and received a confirmation email. I restarted my box twice  and the channels don’t appear. I was planning on watching football tonight - HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

It can take up to 3 hours, try pressing Home then scrolling down to Settings, then at the right side choose Help and Settings, then from there choose Network and finally select Connect to Virginmedia Network Service Now.

Also, it may be in Standard Definition which starts at channels 511 and onwards. If you know you bought HD then it's 501 onwards.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Online & via the box upgrades take 24 to 48 hours to activate as they still have to be dealt with by call centre staff. I would say phone them, but it’s a bit late now as I believe they close at 6pm & there is no offshore backup.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried this but it didn’t work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any other ideas welcome thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you follow Home > Help & Settings and follow the links for TV Care, there is a menu option for "I'm missing some channels". This will send a "hit" to your box and make sure all your subscribed channels are refreshed.

If, having done that, you are still missing the Sky Sports SD channels, then the chances are that they've not been added to your account for whatever reason. The only way you'll resolve that is by calling C/S and checking whether the amendment has been activated yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I now have the SD channels not HD but that is a step forward, many thanks. I’ll chase customer services tomorrow to sort that out 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff! Check the specifics of whatever offer you signed up for, the chances are that the HD channels will be chargeable extra as they usually are - the adverts are carefully worded to cover exactly this.

If they weren't specifically mentioned, then Sky Sports HD will be £7 extra per month.

0 Kudos