Menu
ladyb9058
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

c130 (then n27)

I have the new tv box  - have got the error messages - cant access on demand / apps etc but TV working fine as is wifi. There was an issue in teh area but i have been emailed that has been corrected  - apparently not with me Smiley Sad

i have tried repeatedly to reset, have unplugged and replugged all cables, reset via the tv  - pretty much everything i have been instructed to do and that i can think of - am really REALLY loathe to call virgin as experience has proven it takes a minimum of 30 minutes before a human comes on  -

does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: c130 (then n27)

Firstly do you have a TiVo (inbuilt internet) or a V6 (relies on your homehub) as the fix is therefore different... And if you're a TiVo user, is the heartbeat light (green, second from left) on or flashing... as the latter would indicate either a box effectively offline.

But assuming your "connection" is physically ok, then I'm afraid it is a call to VM as the problem is either a network fault (that they may not know about) or a "virtual" fault on your box that can probably be resolved remotely.

Sorry.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your TV ladyb9058.

As @japitts asked, do you have a V6 or tivo box?

Is your TV box connected via ethernet cable or WiFi?

Is your broadband connection working as it should?

Thanks

Steven_L

ladyb9058
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks i have the V6 box and its connected to broadband box via ethernet - everything is plugged in - i've now resorted to the inevitable half hour wait for a human - am still on hold as i type Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
ladyb9058
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

all resolved - lovely engineer came round from Virgin and fixed it - it was indeed a faulty ethernet cable - many thaks for everyone's help and support on this.