Hi. How can I get an extension cable to allow me to move my television 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can i get an extension cable to allow me to move my television

What kind of cable, what are the devices that are at either end of the "problem" cable,  and what is being moved - just the TV, a TV and set top box, or the TV and the VM hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can i get an extension cable to allow me to move my television

If you mean the coax cable which connects your TV box to the VM wall socket - you can't. That part of the cabling is not yours. It belongs to VM. If you want it extended it will be a tech visit.  Non-fault visits cost £99.  Phone Customer services on the usual numbers 150/0345 454 1111. No ifs and no buts. If you extend the coax cable yourself you will almost certainly introduce noise into your system and the network more widely. VM will detect this and take action to stop it. If you cause issues for others (you almost certainly will) VM will charge you for the compensation and cost of putting that right. VM also reserve the right to cancel your services. 

If you can manage with a just a longer cable from the set top box to the TV - an HDMI cable,  buy the best one you can afford - up to 5 metres should not cause an issue. That will leave the rest of the VM side of the installation untouched. Of course you will have to leave the TV box where it is. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos