Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM store purchase & missing DVD

Hi VM

I ordered 'School of Rock' from the media store and it shows in the library. My problem is that we want the DVD that VM always used to send which you have now stopped doing.

Not everyone streams and its useful to have the DVD to take on holiday - my son is pretty upset.

Could you please send the DVD.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM store purchase & missing DVD

Hello

I am afraid that VM do not stock physical DVD's anymore they only offer digital copies.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

It's a bit annoying to not have the actual DVD, especially as it was 'bought' before the announcement VM were stopping sending them out!

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is disappointing but I guess the pricing is lower if you’re not getting a physical DVD.

Personally, I used this a few times, digital for me and DVD as a gift for someone else.

It is clear when buying and the FAQs say:

Heads up!

We’ve gone fully digital with the Virgin Media Store. So, when you a buy a movie on Store, you’ll just get the digital version, and not the physical DVD as well. This is the same as buying TV Box Sets, which has always been digital-only.

Fewer and fewer people watch movies from a DVD now, and it works out better for the environment too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The pricing is NOT lower - its exorbitant considering you are not getting a DVD.

VM retain the right to remove the movie from your library at any point and there is nothing you can do - note that if they had shipped a DVD, they couldn't enter my house and remove it.

VM don't keep the films (etc) on indefinitely - maybe 5 years or less - but a DVD would have lasted longer than that.

The streaming service does not work on every computer - while a DVD would have.

Essentially they are trying to save money and get more control while trying to dress it up as something good. Its not.

0 Kudos