cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box displays this channel is not authorised on all channels.

prhoods
Joining in

Have tried cleaning contacts on the plug in card. No difference. Only way to sort problem is turn box off then on again. Please help.

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@prhoods wrote:

Have tried cleaning contacts on the plug in card. No difference. Only way to sort problem is turn box off then on again. Please help.

This sounds like on e of the old discontinued boxes which needs swapping out.
When was the last time you used the TIVO box?

Also is it an additional box and are you paying a multi room subscription for it?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep. It is one of the old Tivo boxes and yes I am paying for it as a second box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you confirm you have one of these boxes? You've also mentioned a "plug-in card" which I presume is the smartcard. VM have used cardless encryption for many years now - removing that will have no effect on your service.

Does this error message have an error code with it? It should do - and I could guess as to what it might be. 7400 by any chance?

If so... then the immediate answer is to say your box has an activation problem and only VM-CS can rectify that by your calling in. Has this box worked before, and have you recently made any changes to your account?

If this is an error 7400, there's normally some change made to your account (box replacement, multiroom amendment etc) that triggers this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those boxes were decommissioned in July last year.

You should be entitled to a free upgrade to VM's latest box, the V6.

There was an online page to book your upgrade but that's way out of date now. and the online swap is no longer available.

You would need to dial 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 to book your upgrade.

You may be better of speaking to regrades and negotiating a new package at the same time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

Those boxes were decommissioned in July last year.

You should be entitled to a free upgrade to VM's latest box, the V6.

I don't think that's necessarily true. The TiVo originally used smartcard authentication as well as the legacy V-HD that I think newapollo is referring to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Why can't I arrange a replacement via this community? I do NOT fancy sitting on the phone for long periods waiting in a queue. You are correct in saying that it would be a good idea to renegotiate my contract as I have been out of the last contract for some time now.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff do monitor this forum, but it's primarily a user-community and not intended as a real-time fault reporting mechanism.

You're quite welcome to wait for a staff response, the current delay is 5-7 days.

I'm still not 100% convinced about what box the OP has, and if it is a TiVo this could be resolved by a simple faults call.

In either case - package renegotiations are beyond the remit of this forum and will require a call into VM.

Hi @prhoods

I'm so sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Tivo box and thank you for posting to our forums. 

Can I ask if you are still experiencing these issues? If so could you please confirm which box you are having issues with? 

Yes. It happened this morning. I haven't got round to reporting it as faulty yet. I am rebooting the box each time it happens. Do you have a solution?