Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box and pixellation

Still having problems with Tivo box and pixellations on a lot of channels ,  tried rebooting it several times , have reported it twice to virgin media by calling 150 , each time , on instruction , disconnected cable and they ran tests , fine for a couple of days , then back to pixellations again . Box is about 9 years old , can anyone advise please .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box and pixellation

Hi this is normally a signal level issue, when they ran the tests it should have manifested itself, perhaps you were unlucky with who you got on the phone, phone again and politely surrgest you have done the switching on and off routine, and you think an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet will solve the issue. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mickley, I will phone later and request an engineer , last time I phoned they told me I don't need an engineer , they can fix the problem over the phone , next time I will insist on an engineer .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

By means of general advice, pixellation & picture breakup is how digital TV systems indicate a problem with your incoming signal. In Virgin's case, it therefore indicates a fault somewhere (most likely) between your street cabinet and box, or inside your box.

A reboot is always advisable to eliminate software issues, but otherwise - endless resets are just fixing the symptoms without attending to the underlying cause. That will either be a faulty box or a problem on your cabling somewhere that needs physically resolving. Anything else is likely to just be kicking the can down the road - just make sure the faults agent you speak to is made aware that your box has already been rebooted and the problem has recurred.

Many of these faults tend to occur on parts of the VM network that only serve single customers, so unless that customer reports the problem, it tends to go unresolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos