Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Program to be Announced error

About a month ago the Tivo box started to display 'To be Announced' across all channels and now we are unable to record any programs rendering the box next to useless. Have tried rebooting both the box and broadband to no avail and running the online service test informs that we need to contact virgin media. Well, I have tried to contact virgin a couple of times and on both occasions have spent 80+ minutes on hold only to give up eventually as the line had gone silent.

Can anyone help as Virgin are near impossible to get hold of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Program to be Announced error

This is a symptom of your box losing its internet connection, and therefore not getting guide updates that use the net to download.

Which box do you have? Is it the TiVo, which has an inbuilt modem, or the V6 which relies on a connection to your homehub? If you're not sure you can check here 

The advice differs subtly depending which you have, but on the assumption of a TiVo - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection? If you follow "connect to Virgin Media service" and wait perhaps 30minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts, thanks for the reply.

Its the original Tivo box and has the inbuilt modem but is also connected to the hub to make it visible to a second V6 box.

The box is showing as successfully connected to the network and also returns a successful connection to Virgin media services but the program info still does not update. Reckon this one needs an engineer visit or be replaced.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi angus180,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your set top box and with the guide on the box.

I've been unable to find your account. Can you please advise me if this issue is still on going? If so, can you tell me how old the box is? and how it's connected to the broadband services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The white cable from the wall box is connected to a small two way metal splitter, one white cable goes to the Tivo box and the other white cable goes to the hub. Over a year ago the installer connected a ethernet cable from the tivo box to the hub to allow the original tivo to network with the two new v6 boxes installed upstairs. It's pretty much irrelevant now as the tivo box is in a continual reboot loop, currently says starting up, all lights flash then it reboots again. 

Its utterly useless and has been for months.

We have had the box pretty much since they first came out, it may have been replaced after a year due to a fault but I can't remember if that is correct or not.

0 Kudos