cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo really bad pixallation

GL22
On our wavelength

Hi having phoned VM many many times and no answer just told by automation to reboot box doesn’t make any difference to pixelation which is on all my channels and half the the screen breaks up so many times Havent been able to watch HD at all, live and recordings on all channels all pixelate no matter what time of day or night they record. I am seriously coming to the decision to leave VM as I cannot get any help been phoning all through approx 18 months. Please can anyone from VM try to help I pay over £100 per month for this very poor unwatchable service. 
Also please can anyone give me a phone number to cancel my VM. It’s so bad I would be better off without it. 
Thanks GL22

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

If you call back in to report the fault, then have you tried just politely insisting that the previous reboots haven't resolved the issue and that there's evidently an underlying issue? If you want give cancellation notice, you'll need to call 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "thinking of leaving us". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond and pick up your fault, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GL22
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply hopefully someone from VM will respond to my post and be able to help. 
GL22

GL22
On our wavelength

Hi all 

I rang VM due to an ongoing problem with TiVo pixelating constantly on all channels their response was unless I signed up to 18 month contract there was nothing they could do to help (my contract expired about 2 yrs ago)  I pay £109 per month to VM and have TV Broadband and Phone. Been trying for 18 months to get this problem sorted but still not resolved ( good reason for not renewing contract and no reason to do so) How can they do this I am a customer or theirs and pay them good money for a very poor service TV is unwatchable. 
We are all their customers they would be nothing without us. Come VM get something done. Please.
Thanks GL22

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixelation is 9 times out of 10 a signal issue & nothing to do with the actual equipment. So even if you did renew your contract & get new equipment it would not solve the problem.

Added to that you are paying a RENTAL fee, so if the equipment does not work properly you are already paying for a repair service anyway.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Duplicate threads merged - Please do not multiple post on the same issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

GL22
On our wavelength

How can I get an engineer out to check the signal when I have phoned and they will only send another box. I would lose all my recordings and the fault would still be there.

Thanks for your reply

GL22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you speak to a faults agent, they'll run some remote checks to establish if there's any known issues in your area, or possibly if they can see a box and/or network issue remotely.

In most cases, if there's no network issue apparent, the result should be a tech visit to have "hands and eyes" on your installation and the streetcab, and then take whatever action is necessary - which may include a boxswap. There are occasions when a box-swap is offered immediately, and it sounds like that might have happened here.

You can wait for the forum staff to pick this post up, but be aware their response time will be a few days, and adding further replies to this thread can potentially drop you down the list. If your box is diagnosed faulty and needing replacement, then you're correct to say you'll lose all recordoings. That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

I'd recommend starting to make a note of which recordings are available from other sources, such as VoD. Watch those that aren't.

GL22
On our wavelength

Hi after another whole day of pixelation issues on TiVo box I have managed to get VM on the phone first again offered to send a new box explained my neighbours have the same issue as me and told the person on the phone if they don’t send an engineer out I would cancel my account they immediately arranged an engineer visit  can I request they test the signals before they just decide to change the box as I would lose all recordings. This has gone on for 18 months now and I am not prepared to sign to another contract as that would leave me tied and still an unwatchable TV. 
Thanks GL22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GL22 wrote:

my neighbours have the same issue as me

Have your neighbours reported their issues? VM can only repair faults that they're aware of.

Your engineer will test your kit and cabling before making any fixes - they'll want to make sure of knowing what's at fault.