Menu
steakandsidney
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo issue

Since the 28th June my entire TV service through my TiVo box has ceased to function ... not just various features of it... But the entire TV service suddenly went off... I have not been able to receive any type of service whatever through the main TiVo box since then,but still have service in our daughters bedroom on the additional set top box  - The TiVo box only displays a "starting up" message but doesn't actually start - i have have run the various tests through the web site and virgin appear to know there's an issue with certain parts of the service  - the message on the website says "Customers may be unable to manage their Tivo Set Top Box using the website at the moment. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible" - my problem is that i can't even get onto my TiVo box ,let alone try and manage it 

The resolution date for fixing this issue also keeps get putting back 

I have phoned twice and been waiting 20 minutes to get through to someone on the other side of the planet - there response was they know there's a problem then i'm fobbed off - they don't seem to be able to explain or understand that the box seems to have failed altogether - i have also tried e-mailing etc  - it's got me no where 
has or is anyone else having or had this problem ? - The customer service is absolutely appalling 

Having no TV through your main living room portal for almost 2 weeks is not acceptable and not been able to discuss it with someone on the end of the phone properly is also not on - is there a UK land line number that can be rung that gets you through to someone in your own country who has an idea of your issue  ? - if not i feel the only irresolution is to force the matter and cancel the direct debit - or just cancel altogether.

Thanks

Loopy51
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo issue

I'm currently having exactly the same problem ... and I've only the one TiVo box!!! I've also tried all the 'reset' options (switch off/on, unplug and leave, switch back on etc ....I even switched off and unplugged the whole thing overnight last night and still nothing - just the 'starting up' message on the screen then it switches off and restarts with the 'starting up' message, then switches off ...over and over again.

This has only happened for the last 48 hours, but that's annoying enough... if you've had little success with emails and 'chats' etc over the last few weeks, I've little hope that mine is going to come back any time soon .... might just cancel it altogether because this isn't worth the hassle! would love to know how/when you resolve your issue :-(    

Not that any of this helps...but sorry anyway.

0 Kudos
steakandsidney
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i will 

and thanks 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try the "Thinking of leaving us" option on the phone helpline, that should get you through to someone in the UK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steakandsidney,

Sorry you're experiencing some TV issues.

Have you spoken to a member of the team to rectify this for you since your post?

If not please let me know as I can investigate further for you if needed.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos