Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box problems

It was suggested by your social media team to post here.  I am having intermittent problems with my box.  Some occasions it’s hangs completely, when trying to access catch up it freezes.   The speed it takes to access anything on the box is about 1 or more.   There is clearly a fault I have spoken to customer service and technical help and have gone through all there steps they have required not made any difference.  I am so fed up with this.  The box is property of VM so it’s their responsibility to ensure it works. I am paying for a service I am unable to watch.  Even after putting in a complaint this has not been resolved.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box problems

Which box do you have? The TiVo or V6?

The two are shown here if you're not sure... https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I have no success with technical support I put in a complain with this number 

COM103901498

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Although the older TiVo boxes are quite capable, the newer V6s are undoubtedly quicker and I'd be pushing for a swapout to a V6.

I wouldn't post your personal complaint number (edit that out), but assuming you take Virgin broadband (essential for a V6 to work), then there's probably your solution.

At the very least they should swap your box out, assuming you've tried reboots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That’s what I have been trying to do.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Ashtonpkkns

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our forums after being advised to do so by ourselves on our Social Media pages. 

Sorry that you're having some issues with your TiVo box currently - I have located your account and can see that you have been in touch with us since your Forum post and we have arranged a new box for you. 

Please do let us know how things go with your new box and if you have any issues and we can re-visit for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos