Menu
P4pauline123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box issues - error codes/pixelisation/on demand shut downs

Had our TiVo box as unwanted but necessary replacement for V6 box (quicker and more reliable in my opinion) for at least a couple of years now. Lately the issues have been getting worse. Watching On Demand is a pointless exercise as the programme will inevitably shut off between 10 and 20 minutes in - if we’re lucky to get it back on, it might last a few minutes. The picture pixelates even on BBC 1 non HD channels. Error codes vary and a reboot doesn’t change the fact that we do not get even a reasonable service. Having spent an hour on hold earlier this week to report other TV box and broadband issues and having to phone back the next day after the call was cut off, I’m sure everyone can appreciate my reluctance to hang on the phone again? 
Tonight the test suggested we have a weak signal... is it likely we’ll get a get an upgrade box or just another TiVo? Is there anything else we can do before spending another hour in a phone queue?   Please advise as hubby getting ever grumpy 😝

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box issues - error codes/pixelisation/on demand shut downs

Pixellation is a symptom of poor TV signal, which could be a cabling fault or a box issue.

OnDemand dropping could be a symptom of a TiVo losing its internet connection - do you get any flashing green lights on the front-left of the box?

Which test did you do, that says you have a weak signal?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
P4pauline123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box issues - error codes/pixelisation/on demand shut downs

Quite a quick wait time this morning.

confirmed issue with box/signal.

engineer coming Thursday…

0 Kudos