Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 6 stopped recording suggestions

My box has stopped recording suggestions. I’ve phoned twice, been on the line for ages while checks have been done. Followed all the instructions given but the fault has not been rectified. What can I do now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 6 stopped recording suggestions

Hi there @SurreySue

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our forums; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your suggestions at the moment. 

Suggestions are only recorded based on what your box learns that you like - it takes this information from what you've watched, what you've manually recorded in the past and what you've rated using the thumbs up and down buttons. 

These recordings are only Suggestions and are not to be used to ensure a show is recorded.  Suggested programmes will only be recorded if there is enough space on your box and they won't replace any shows that you've chosen to record at the same time.  Suggestions will also be the first thing to be automatically deleted to make room for your own recordings. 

If you are finding that your box has not been suggesting anything recently it could be that your box is too full or the suggestions are clashing with a planned recording. It could also be that it feels that there is nothing suitable at the moment that it thinks you might like. 

Suggestions can also be turned off and on, so it might be worth checking that you haven't turned this facility off. 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Recordings> Suggestions

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for your reply. My box was recording suggestions and regularly had 50 listed but just stopped about 3 weeks ago. Suggestions are turned on. Only 5% of the box memory has been used so there is masses of space.

I have now been in touch by phone 3 times, spending in excess of 30 minutes on the phone each time, and on each occasion have been assured that the fault has been rectified remotely but it has not. Yesterday the man I spoke to said that it was a software upgrade issue and should reset anytime within the next 48 hours and that he had now raised a complaint and gave me a reference number, saying that I will be contacted anywhere between 2 and 48 hours.

Any further advice, please?

Thanks

SurreySue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back with that update @SurreySue

May I ask if your series links and manual recordings are working all ok - is it just the Suggestions that have been having the issue? 

When going into your Suggestions folder - do you have anything listed at the moment? 

Can you confirm if your box is in Low Power mode? 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All other methods of recording are working normally.

I have several shows listed with thumbs up that are not in my series record list.

How do I find whether my box is in low power mode?

I had a phone call from Virgin earlier and they are referring the issue to IT after taking some serial numbers from my box and apparently I should get another call in the next 5 days.

Cheers, SurreySue 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again @SurreySue - please do let us know how the callback goes.

If you've not heard back within the timeframe advised, pop back here and we can take a closer look for you. 

To check to see if your box is in energy saving just follow these instructions: 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Devices> Power Saving Settings

Have you rebooted your box recently at all? It may also be worth trying a forced connection to the network. Your box should do this manually every few hours but it's sometimes worth a forced connection. 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Keep in touch 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. My box has been rebooted many times recently, both by me and by the remote team.

The box is set to low power.

Cheers, SurreySue 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I’ve had no further contact from tech support and the issue has not been resolved. 
What do you suggest happens now?

Thanks, Sue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SurreySue, 

I've checked the fault ticket that's been raised and this still being looked into, it's assigned to an external team and awaiting an update.

I'm not sure on the time frame, but you will receive a call back when there's an update 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Thanks for your message.  The fault has still not been rectified. I have had no contact yet was told it would be within 5 working days of my last phone call to the helpline. I am very disappointed in VM not being able to address this issue within a reasonable time frame.

How can I take this matter further with VM?

Thanks, Sue

0 Kudos