Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Technical issue

I have just run a check on the Tivo box .  Its shows that there is a technical issue. I have rebooted it and the same issue comes up .  The box has been replaced in the last few weeks . Does this mean there is a connection problem?  Do i need an engineer to fix it? Advice please! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technical issue

If you are running the Port Configuration Test, it's normal for it to fail.  It doesn't indicate a problem.

Is there anything actually wrong with your service?

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for telling me about the port configuration test.  it is interesting to hear that it usually fails.  is there a reason for this?

The new Tivo box seems to be working with no problems .  What is the difference between a tivo box and a T6 box?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you mean the V6, it runs the same software as the TiVo but is a much newer box with a few improvements.

It has 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 3. It is much quicker at general operation, apps much more usable and it has additional apps that the TiVo doesn't carry (Amazon Prime, ITV-Hub, 4od & My5)

But it doesn't have an internet connection inbuilt so needs a connection to your Virgin homehub to go online. If you don't have VM broadband, you can't have a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos