cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box configuring network settings, won't connect

MikeMidd2001
On our wavelength

I have had a Virgin Media Tivo box for several years. Today I arrived home and turned on my TV to receive a message saying there is no signal from the TV box. 

I have tried to reset the system, checked connections, etc. It is going through the startup checklist and reaching the final stage, "configuring network settings", and simply stopping - or giving me an error message to call Virgin Media.

Of course, when I tried to call, the automated system hung up on me three times (your text message is not helpful, Virgin Media - it does nothing! I want to speak to a human!) and then I can't get through.

Just so annoyed and unhappy that it is so hard to speak to someone. I'm left with a box that worked fine six hours ago but now is just unable to function, and no way to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TiVo won't complete the boot cycle, it has a fault - about the only check worth making is of the heartbeat status light on the front-left of the box. Is it flashing, or static? If flashing, that's the onboard modem failed.

When you called CS, after you choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any more buttons and just wait on the line. When the system offers you to press something to get a link or a message - say or do nothing, just wait.

If not, a VM staffer should be along to this post in a couple of days and should be able to assist.

Advance warning also - TiVo boxes are no longer supported for fault replacements and you'll be given a V6 instead. It runs the same SW as you're used to, but on a much faster, more capable box. BUT - it needs VM home broadband to work, do you have this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MikeMidd2001, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TV box.

I have taken a look from our side and I can see you have been speaking to the team about this, did they manage to resolve this? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?