Menu
Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Remote codes using TiVo remote

I am wanting to use a Virgin Media TiVo remote on a Samsung LE32D403E2WXXU version 04 TV which uses TMSU4DEUC-1011.0 Software. If it helps, the Samsung remote is AA59-00496A. I have tried using Virgin Media remote set up for TV but it is not working correctly on all dual controllable functions. I have tried scanning for the code automatically and also clicking through Samsung code list to no avail. It would help greatly if you can reduce the list of codes given the Samsung info so I can find which code gives the fullest affect of dual control of the TV. The VM remote controller works a TiVo DVR FC96, Platform 8620, Hardware v 8.1, Software v 20.9.2.RC5-VMC-2-C00

Using the 0365 code the Volume and mute work but their are inconsistencies. To switch the TV and TiVo box on requires a short press on the green power button to wake up TiVo followed by a long press until the TV switches on, short and long presses can be reversed to give the same outcome. To Switch off you have to short push on the green power button and long push again to get the desired affect. The volume control only changes by discrete hops constantly re-pushing the volume button and does not give a continuous change with one long push, unlike some other codes though these have their own shortcomings.

Hope this might explain a way of getting some control. Can you dig up a code for this particular TV / full control of TV

The nearest I have got is:

https://www.eliztech.com/remotes/tivo-4digit-tv-codes.php

Regards to all

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Remote codes using TiVo remote

Hi Whatsisname,

Did you try the codes from the official VM TiVo TV Remote Code List  ?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Remote codes using TiVo remote

Thanks for the reply newapollo,

Another list of numbers, only 29 on this one. Out of four lists they all appear different! I will try those on your url but leave the thread live until someone can come up with the holy grail of the one number.

Looking at all the questions related to this area you'd think TV manufacturers would make the code for a particular TV model public.

Thoroughly irritated at Samsung. 

Anybody else got an Idea?

0 Kudos