Menu
Steve1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Channels

Can any tell me why i can't recieve BBE East , but can Anglia ??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Channels

Where are you? (Geographically)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve1973,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. How are your TV channels since your last post? Are you still unable to receive BBC East? Please let us know which area you are in as our valued member japitts has asked. If there is an issue we can get this reported for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Steve1973
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back , we live in Essex 8 miles form Chelmsford, very can receive BBC London and BBC south East, i can receive BBC E from my TV Ariel.

Thanks

Steve 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve1973,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I have another post here - BBC East - which may be helpful to you as it seems along the same lines as your issue - plus it has an answer to the problem 🙂

Please check it out and follow the answer.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Steve1973
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

thanks , we can view BBC look east via the Ariel , its very frustrating to have to come out of VM to view look east. more importantly BBC London does not cover here very often where as BBC East is always covering news stories in my area .

I think VM need to re think its policy 

Thanks 

Steve

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, also thank you for your feedback on how you think we could make things better.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we are always looking for ways to improve in the future.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

If you type Look East in the search bar in iPlayer you will see Look East, with around 3 episodes of the regional news for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. The episodes expire after around 24 hours

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can often find alternative regional variations of BBC1/ITV around the ~850 or ~870 EPG positions. And also use the iPlayer app to alter your default region - and pick up your preferred BBC regional programmes - as mentioned.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Chelmsford is fed from a very complicated headend setup in Basildon, as this serves both sides of the Thames.

The prescribed region is London on 101 & 103.

The alternative regions are:

858 - BBC South East

870 - Anglia West

871 - Meridian South East

There has only ever been provision for one alternative region for BBC on cable & two on ITV. So its either use the iPlayer or your aerial.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993