Menu
Mr_Mike
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIvo box won't startup

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with the Tivo box I have.  It's stuck on 'starting up' and has been for days now.   I have rebooted it countless times to no avail, left it powered off overnight, etc.

Luckily it's a secondary box and the primary one in the living room is working fine, as is the phone and internet.  So I'm sure it's a problem with the box itself rather than the service in the area.

Is there any way of reporting this other than sitting for hours on hold to 150?  The online help is useless, just a loop around of running tests and then going back to the start, where you get teased with the promise of 'book an engineer'.

Cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIvo box won't startup

Thank you for the post Mike.

Looking at things on our side there may be some SNR issues affecting your services at the moment.

I'm going to pop you over a private message now so we can book an engineer appointment to fix this for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Mike26
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I also have a problem with our Tivo box.  It's stuck on 'starting up' and has been since 10:00 this morning.  I have rebooted it countless times to no avail. I tried to get an online check of the box, but each time I go to the page I am advised that the service is not available. Can anyone advise of what to do next?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Mr_Mike. Thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your set top box

How are things currently looking, has this issue been resolved or are we still on going?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mr_Mike
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay in replying.  The problem is still ongoing, but I only just saw the personal message from Emily_G as referenced above, so hopefully things will get sorted from that.

Kind regards,

Mike

0 Kudos