Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Crashing

My Tivo crashes every 15 - 20 minutes.  I have rebooted, followed all online advice, carried out an online test without success ("something has gone wrong with the test").  

Also annoying (but less so!) ... for some time I've not been able to get CNN through Tivo.  I had the same problem a few months ago on the main (V6) box, eventually it was replaced which fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Crashing

Afternoon @GarryMcQ

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with one of your boxes crashing and also the lack of a certain channel. 

I have been able to locate your account from your forum information in order to take a look at your services - I can see that it's been around a week since it was last rebooted; how have things been looking since your post last week; any improvement? 

In regard to the CNN channel - what seems to be the issue with it? Are you getting any error messages when you try and view it? The channel is avaialble on all our packages on channel 607

Keep us posted and pop back if you're still having issues with the rebooting TiVo

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie.

I've reset / rebooted the Tivo box - following the 'clear and delete everything' procedure.

Although I lost all of my preferences and recorded shows, that seems to have fixed the regular crashing problem.

However CNN remains un-reachable.  

I also get this message on Channel 603 (Sky news).  That's not a problem because I can watch 602 (HD).

Today I re-started the Tivo box a couple of times with no success.  

The error message follows:

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SIGNAL ON THIS CHANNEL.  PLEASE REBOOT YOUR TIVO BOX.  IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING, PLEASE VISIT VIRGINMEDIA.COM/TV CODE AND ENTER ERROR CODE W02. 

Basically I'm directed on the site to turn the box off and on, if that doesn't work then call a member of the helpful Virgin team.  I spoke to no-one directly, but got a series of pre-recorded messages and which basically referred me back to the site - and promised me a text with link, which didn't arrive but I assume directs me to the same non-human site that I've spent some time on this morning.

I also followed the missing channel procedure directing me to TV CARE.  For some reason the screen will not accept my inputs, it ignores the controller so I cannot access either Missing Channels or Reset My Pin.  

So I'm still unable to get CNN.  

Once again, I had the same problem on the main box, it took three engineer visits and two new boxes to fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi garry,

sorry to see you are having issues.

Please can you check if you are able to receive the following channels without error as they are on the same mux as CNN:-

Film4, Film4+1, 4Music, More4+1,BET which are available on every tier.

You mentioned you sometimes get this on Sky News, the following channels may also be affected so please check them

Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Really and Sony Movies, again available on all packages and on the same Mux.

This may help determine whether it's a box fault or a signal fault.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.

I finally got through on TV CARE, and was able to hit the Refresh my channel list button.

This is the new error message:

Oops!

There's been a technical hitch, so we can't log you in.

Please try again later or give our team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone, 0r 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2.

(error TC5/null)

I'm probably not going to call the same Virgin number again and go through the same frustrating process that's circular and leads nowhere ... meaning that I hope you can help me!

Thanks!
Garry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Katie.

I get none of the channels you list.  To be clear, I get the error message on Film4, Film4+1, 4Music, More4+1,BET, Dave, Yesterday, Drama, Really and Sony Movies.  I went through the entire channel list, I get the same error messages on the following channels:

110: Sky One (there's an HD option so OK)

112 Sky Witness (there's an HD option so OK)

116: ITV2 +1

120: ITVBe + 1

122: Sky Comedy (there's an HD option so OK)

125: W

126: alibi

127: Dave

128: Really

129: Yesterday

130: Drama

131: Dave Deja Vu

136: Sky Crime (there's an HD option so OK)

143: 4Seven

160: Sky Two

183: MTV

184: BET

191: alibi +1

194: Gold + 1

196: More 4 + 1

213: Quest + 1

226: Drama + 1

245: Eden (there's an HD option so OK)

252: Discovery Science

256: Discovery Turbo

257: Discovery History

258: Discovery + 1

266: National Geographic

267: National Geographic + 1

269: Together TV

271: Sky History + 1

286: HGTV

287: H Health

290: HGTV + 1

310: MTV Music

312: MTV Hits

313: MTV Base

314: Club MTV

315: MTV Rocks

316: MTV Classic

318: MTV OMG

337: 4Music

346: Now 80's

348: Now 70's

412: SkyPrem +1

425: SonyMovies

426: Sony Action

428: Film4

430: Film4 + 1

512: SkySports PL

516: SkySports F1

517: Sky Action

603`: Sky News (there's an HD option so OK)

607: CNN

621: NDTV 24x7

704: Cartoon Network

707: Disney XD

724: Disney

725: Disney + 1

727: Disney Jnr

730: Boomerang

731: Boomerang + 1

740: QVC

826: Colours

828: Colours Cine

831: Al Jazeera Arabic

853: ITV AD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GarryMcQ,

Thanks for replying, sorry to hear the TV connection fault is on-going. I have been doing remote diagnostics and have been alerted to a line fault affecting all services in your area [ref# F008196218] this is still occurring and our engineering teams are working on getting this sorted as quickly as possible. The ETA for fix time is 13 JUL 2020, 09:00. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still no CNN!

Same error messages, no luck with rebooting / restarting, also no luck with the missing channel procedure.

Especially in coming months, CNN is important to me.

What do do?!

Garry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I notice that @Katie_WT mentioned in her previous post that your area fault was due to be resolved by early July, she may hopefully be able to confirm if this is still ongoing.

Is it only CNN that you can't now receive? Channels that are broadcast on the same frequency, and would confirm a signal fault, are MTV, MTV Base, MTV Hits, MTV Classic, Sky One, Disney XD, Disney Channel, Disney+1, Disney JR, Boomerang, Boomerang+1, Cartoon Network, More4+1 & 4-Music.

If any of those are also affected, then you have a clear signal fault which VM need to investigate and rectify. You can either wait on here for forum staff to pick this up (may take a few days) or call C/S (150 or 0345 4541111) and they should progress the fault immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You're right, I get none of those channels, the complete list is earlier in the thread.  Thanks for the advice, I'll continue to pursue VM (despite the notable lack of support until now!).

0 Kudos