Menu
Jc030b4961
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box

Help - I am having problems with my Tivo box which includes having to restart it every day as it freezes, the picture shakes and it sometimes doesnt record scheduled programs.

I have tried to call VM but when you go through the options it just says it will restart my equipment and then tells me to hang up.  If I go to the online help and select problem with TV there isnt an option that applies to my problem.

What am I supposed to do?

I suspect that this is a hard drive issue as the box is years old.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box

@Jc030b4961 wrote:

Help - I am having problems with my Tivo box which includes having to restart it every day as it freezes, the picture shakes and it sometimes doesnt record scheduled programs.

Sounds faulty to me.

@Jc030b4961 wrote:

I have tried to call VM but when you go through the options it just says it will restart my equipment and then tells me to hang up.  If I go to the online help and select problem with TV there isnt an option that applies to my problem.

You can't report this online. Call the faults line, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and press nothing else. If the IVR eventually puts you into the faults queue, then wait until an agent answers.

If the IVR disconnects the call for whatever reason, call back immediately and you should then get the option of faults queuing. If the IVR detects any hint of "I can bait this person to avoid queuing by offering another option", it will take it 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos