cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports channel

Paul2407
Joining in

Hi

Anyone else noticed how poor the picture quality is on Sky sports live channels? Watching the football and it's just so blurred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Then they will lose £111 for the sake of £7, the quality issue only seems to be with football, I have no issues with other sports, but seeing as I'm mainly paying for Sky Sports for the football it's a big issue. The picture on football used to be much better before the HD channels started, I wonder why 🤔

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Too much video compression perhaps. 

The Sky Sports channels including F1 are superb via the Sky dish.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Client62 wrote:

Too much video compression perhaps.

Comparing the bitrates that Sky uses with that of VM, if anything the opposite is true.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul2407

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your Sky Sports picture quality, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Do you experience this issue with any other channels? Is it only on live sport? is it the same on BT Sports if you have this?

Rob

Everyone who pays for Sky Sports football has this issue, the quality is pathetic, and has been since they brought the HD channels. Personally I'm going to ring up and if I don't get a free upgrade to HD, I'm going to cancel my contract.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kingcarper69 wrote:

Personally I'm going to ring up and if I don't get a free upgrade to HD, I'm going to cancel my contract.

You'd best start pricing up your new supplier then - anyone who pays the HD supplement would rightly feel aggrieved that someone else potentially gets it free just by shouting a bit louder, and therefore VM are highly unlikely to give you what you're asking for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kingcarper69
On our wavelength

Yes, it's been pathetic for a long time. Ring up and ask for a free upgrade to HD.

Then they will lose £111 for the sake of £7, the quality issue only seems to be with football, I have no issues with other sports, but seeing as I'm mainly paying for Sky Sports for the football it's a big issue. The picture on football used to be much better before the HD channels started, I wonder why 🤔

Hi Kingcarper69, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are unhappy. 

I have just replied to your other thread here: Sky sports poor picture quality

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs