Menu
Jonslinn
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Slow tivo startup and C130

All of a sudden we have a tivo box that is taking forever to load. First it says "welcome" in lots of languages then "starting up" then goes blank then "starting up" again, then finally it loads displaying C130 error. 

It finally settles down some minutes later.

Very annoying, does anyone know what's going on? 

0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow tivo startup and C130

sorry to state obvious, leave it switched on - we do, no probs

Please - Look After the Customer, or you have no Company.
Jonslinn
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Obvious option but unhelpful. We don't switch it off, it is designed to power down to a sleep mode to save power. All we do is what we always did which is to press home on the remote. It used to startup quickly. It's in the last days that it is throwing C130 and crawling along.

Not a fan of wasting power so I would rather Virgin figure out what's wrong here.

0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sorry I cant be of more help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jonslinn,

Sorry you're experiencing some issues with your Tivo box.

Can I just confirm so we can look into this further, is the light on the Tivo box currently red/white or is it not lit? 

If there are lights showing can you try a reboot of the box and see if this fixes the issue please?

Please keep us updated.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
Jonslinn
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

It's on and working and a reboot does not fix, neither does cable swaps. The symptoms are repeatable and mean that every time we come to switch it on after a period of not using the TV we get the:

- Welcome

- Starting-up

- Starting-up

sequence followed by C130 or C133 errors. This is all new, we have gone a year without seeing this until last Saturday. It's now a perm feature.

rgds

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information Jon,

Can I please just also check, is the Tivo box in question connected to the hub through a wired connection or is it through WiFi? 

If it is connected through a wired connection can you check the ethernet cable is working by plugging both ends into the ethernet ports on the hub? If working the back of the hub will light up and you can reconnect one end to the Tivo box, if it doesn't light up the ethernet may need replacing.

Once this check is done and we're comfortable that the ethernet cable is working, can you please try rebooting the Tivo box and let me know if the error message still shows for you?

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
Jonslinn
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

Connection is wired 

Ethernet checked and both ends light green

Boxes rebooted.

Same result

Welcome - 30 secs

Starting-up - 120 secs

Starting-up - 10/15 secs

Menu displays with C130 top left. Internet works (I am typing to you over that link), wifi works and the TV streaming services work after some time. Just takes an age to start and an age to settle down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jonslinn
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

I have now checked this now with a 2nd cable I know works as it is used for live service. Exactly the same experience is seen. Note also the starting up of the Virgin Media tivo box seems to then kill the internet service for up to 5 minutes. I will report direct as this is now getting very frustrating.

rgds

Jon

0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

defo a dodgy box then. Had a small prob with mine a couple of years ago, told them, they sent a new one

0 Kudos