cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording hiccup - Account Closed?

Davorin82
Tuning in

Hi all,

I created a series+ and wanted to record a show this evening (5 HD). To my surprise I couldn't find it under my shows and went to recording hiccups and found it there under not recorded. There is an icon to press Info to get more information and this is what is says:

Account Closed.

This show was not recorded because your Virgin Media Service Account is closed. To activate a new payment plan, go to virginmedia.com/tvcode.

If I follow the link I end up here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/tv-error-codes/

Can anyone explain what is going on? I'm still under contract so this is very confusing.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've never come across that one before, so a methodical approach is probably best.

Can you record other programmes from C5HD? Or indeed from any other channel?

Can you watch C5HD live?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yeah, weird, I have never come across anything similar. 

I recorded something yesterday evening (different channel) and playback works fine today. I will test it out with C5 today (I can watch the program live normally).

Once tested, I will come back and update here.

Hi Davorin82 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your recording! I can appreciate this must be frustrating. Thank you for providing the full error message - did you also get any code along with the message? Just as this may help us identify the issue!

How did you get on with your test recording? Did the issue persist?

It would be good if we can confirm if the issue is exclusive to C5HD or if it also is happening on any other channels. 

If you can also please ensure you have done a reboot on the TV box to reset any issues it may have, and so it can install any software updates or bug fixes that may be present. 

Let us know about these additional bits of information and if the problems are still ongoing and we will send you a PM to offer further support if needed!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. All the best 🌞

Molly

Hi all, updates: I have tried recording other shows on the same and other channels and all works as it should! I will try to record the exact same show next week on CH5 again and see if it works.

@Molly_T: apart from the text message I shared, there was no other Error Code (in which case I would consult the glossary to identify what the issue might be). 

Thanks for the update Davorin82.

We look forward to seeing how the recording goes?

Gareth_L