Menu
Dauied
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recording error

Hi,

Everytime I record a show using the series link + it never starts from the beginning.

I use the setting 'start recording 10 minutes early' but it never starts from the beginning, it's always around 15min into the show.

Also I delete every show once watched, after the first 2 times this happened I deleted everything I had saved and all the series links + but this hasn't changed anything and the issue keeps occuring!

Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording error

Does this affect one-off, individual recordings?

What's your padding set to?

Are these recordings clashing with anything else? If they are, I think the option you're looking for is "clipping" - cancelling the lower priority recording or clipping it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dauied
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply.

This effects only all my series link + shows, which I have 3 off also they all come on different channels as well as different days.

I have now changed the setting from 'Yes, clip the lower priority programme' to 'No, cancel the lower priority programme'.

Any other suggestions are all welcome!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try setting some single one-off recordings and see if they do the same.

Try creating new SLs and test those.

I suspect it won't help, but is there anything in recording hiccups for these "failures"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dauied
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, I was thinking the same but can't find anything in the recording hiccups either. 

I think I will try and see if a reset of my tivo box will do anything.

0 Kudos