cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo Box Keeps Restarting

elli5
Tuning in

My box restarts every Monday and/or Tuesday night between 8 and 9pm. As I often record shows during this time it has become really annoying to discover chunks of recorded programmes are missing.  I'd be really grateful if an agent could pick this up and answer.

elli5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lennypigdog
On our wavelength

When this happened to me it was the hard drive on the TiVo that had gone. They replaced it with another TiVo which I was really disappointed with. I couldn't believe they still had them to give out. All behind us now though as we've been upgraded to 360 boxes. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better to start a new thread than add to someone else's..

Any TV box that's regularly restarting itself has a fault. There's two ways you can report a fault.. calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond - this may take a few days.

TiVo's are now replaced with V6 boxes that are much quicker in general operation but use the same software you're used to. They do need VM home broadband to function.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Will changing box allow me to keep recordings though?

lennypigdog
On our wavelength

When this happened to me it was the hard drive on the TiVo that had gone. They replaced it with another TiVo which I was really disappointed with. I couldn't believe they still had them to give out. All behind us now though as we've been upgraded to 360 boxes. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any box swap means a loss of recordings.

Converting to TV360 is a whole other debate, and irrelevant if you are happy with the TiVo software on a newer V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Elli5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your Tv box restarting during the times you have advised.

It does sound like we may need to replace the box itself. 

I will private message you though to confirm your details and look into this further. 

^Martin