Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

REALLY annoying 'do you want to switch channels?' message

Right. So now, when I get to the last two minutes of a programme I'm watching, whether from catch-up, on-demand, or my shows, the programme freezes and a box appears telling me that the TIVO box needs to switch channels, right now, in order to record the next programme on a different channel. So: first - *why* does it need to switch channels to record a different programme? Surely the TIVO box can record one programme while I'm watching a different channel? But more importantly, *whichever* option I select, the box then immediately cuts off and returns me to the start menu. I then spend several frustrating minutes getting back to the point where it cut off, only to et the exact same message. So I now can't view the last two minutes of any programme I watch from catch-up, on-demand or my shows. This is really, seriously, pissing me off now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for deleting...

...my post. Why does every programme I watch fro  catch-up, on-demand or my shows cut off two minutes before the end with a message saying the box needs to switch channels to start recording another show? Whichever option I choose the show cuts off, so I can no longer watch the last two minutes of any show. DO NOT DELETE THIS AGAIN, BECAUSE I WILL JUST KEEP POSTING IT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks for deleting...

VM do not delete posts under most circumstances. Ive not seen any of yours in the bits where posts go to die.

Sometimes long inactive accounts get new posts caught in moderation as an anti spam measure, if thats the case it will reappear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: REALLY annoying 'do you want to switch channels?' message

This message should be triggered when the box needs to use the tuner you are currently *watching live TV* on, in order to record a planned show.

It therefore shouldn't happen if you're watching a recorded program, but there are scenarios where this can (and should) happen if you're watching something on-demand. Again, there's a few variables that can affect this - but in no particular order...

1: Which TV box do you have - is it the TiVo (with 3 tuners) or V6 (with 6)

2: CatchUp uses the tuner-based VOD, other "On Demand" content uses a mixture of systems - so which are you using?

How many recording lights are on when this happens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As your OP has turned up, Ive merged the two.

Look at Japitts advice, see where you go from there

At least you can relax safe in the knowledge that VM are not persecuting you personally LOL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: REALLY annoying 'do you want to switch channels?' message

1. Which TV box do you have?

Tivo. So presumably that has three tuners?

2.CatchUp uses the tuner-based VOD, other "On Demand" content uses a mixture of systems - so which are you using?

Don't know. Sometimes I watch from 'catch up, sometimes from 'on demand'. Guess that's not much help, sorry.

How many recording lights are on when this happens?

Again, don't know (never looked). But is seeing how many recording lights are on (when it happens) the key to sorting this? I will look to see how many next time it happens...

0 Kudos