cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Tivo remore control

roxeth
On our wavelength

I have a replacement remote control for my Tivo box.  Following the instructions I get to "Press and hold down <Control> and <TV> together" and the green light does flash twice.  Nothing further happens and entering <0999> takes me to Channel 999.  I was able to programme the previous remote control so it should be possible to programme the replacement remote control.  I have not changed my TV.

What should I do now please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roxeth
On our wavelength

That worked OK. I can now control the TV sound with my VM remote.  Many thanks.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi roxeth 

Have you tried resetting the remote?

To reset your remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press Thumb's Down three times, then press OK  The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

Then either follow the instructions you used previously, or try the instructions on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-tivo 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roxeth
On our wavelength

<Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.>  That works OK.

<Press Thumb's Down three times, then press OK The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode> Nothing on screen on pressing thumbs down.  Flashes green only two times and then locks up so I cannot get any further.  This also happens with the old box!  What to do now please?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @roxeth 

Sorry to see that didn't work.  Did you also try following the instructions on the link I posted in my last message?

I've now enclosed a screenshot from page 3 of that link which,  fingers crossed might work.

reset tivo remote.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roxeth
On our wavelength

That worked OK. I can now control the TV sound with my VM remote.  Many thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @roxeth 

Yayyyyy 😃

Thanks for updating the thread.

Dave