cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection

hallni02
Joining in

All I want to do is book an engineer to resolve a connection issue with my Tivo box in the spare room. I have tried the Ibot and have been pushed from pillar to post then an agent on whatsapp who didn't have a clue what I was talking about and referred me back to Virgin care (joke) and surprise surprise you can not book an engineer on their website, hence the reason I have arrived here, hoping that one of their agents will pick this up and resolve it.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hallni02 

if you describe what the issue is with your TIVO we may be able to help as it may not need an engineer.

Otherwise the quickest way to deal with this is to use the phone and speak to Faults.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and help providing you've described what the problem is.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. The issue is Signal keeps dropping which means you lose some services like youtube, my Alexa wont connect and the tv will not connect tot he internet.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @hallni02 

When you say the TV will not connect to the internet, do you mean your TV set, or the VM TIVO box? 

The TIVO has it's own built internet connection.   If it's the TIVO box tnat's having a problem then look on the front-left of your TIVO set top box. There should be 3 green lights. The middle of the 3, next to a heart symbol, is the "heartbeat" light which indicates the internet connection.

This should be solid, if it's flashing  it's not connected or searching for a connection.

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Hopefully it will have reconnected and all will be working again.

As to Alexa not working, that doesn't use the TIVO's inbuilt modem for it's internet connection. It relies upon a separate internet connection via a hub. Do you have broadband with Virgin or is it via another ISP?

Are any other devices having connection issues? Are the issues via wifi or hard wired via an ethernet cable? If it's a VM broadband connection then which hub do you have and what are the lights doing when you have connection issues?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali