Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

For about the 6th Time since we have had a V6 TV Box and we cannot watch certain recordings

without the Programme pixellating .

Mainly ITV & BBC Channels, we have tried all of the fixes and unplug this and try that and it still

doesn't solve the problem.

Any possibility someone could rectify this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Can you watch those channels on live TV without the picture pixellating?

If live TV is pixellated, and assuming that a reboot hasn't solved it, then this is nearly always the symptom of incoming signal issues. It may be helpful if you can ID specific channels that are affected, if that's possible.

If only recordings or paused-TV are affected but live TV is ok, this would tend to suggest an issue with your hard disk.

In either case, it will probably need intervention by VM to resolve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For years, & I do mean years, pixelation has been a issue for customers right across the UK. It's over 2 yrs since I first complained of this problem but eventually VM blamed MY equipment, saying their stuff was not at fault.

My response was to ask them to specify exactly what equipment they blame & how it was affecting the picture (& how it was managing to affect users' pictures right across the UK!).

To this day they have never provided any answers!

Yet as recently as last night pixelation is still happening (live & recorded), BUT ONLY ON VM SIGNALS. Watching TV via aerial is perfect.

It's clear they have a massive problem they simply cannot solve so push the blame on to customers!

Absolutely despicable company!

IMG_20200808_213508.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@El_Defensor wrote:

For years, & I do mean years, pixelation has been a issue for customers right across the UK. It's over 2 yrs since I first complained of this problem but eventually VM blamed MY equipment, saying their stuff was not at fault.

While being very careful to not pass comment on your personal circumstances as I don't know your history, your statement that "pixellation has been an issue for customers right across the UK" is no more true than saying "calls breaking up has been a problem for mobile phone customers right across the UK".

Pixellation is simply how a digital TV system handles poor signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You clearly don't know more than just my history. The fact that customers with addresses right across the UK have been reporting the pixelation problem for so very long supports my comment. Maybe if you bothered to do the research you'd see that to be true.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Like I said, pixellation & picture breakup is how any digital TV system exhibits signal issues somewhere in the transmission chain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Ade2,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry this has gone unanswered for an extended period of time

Can you please advise me if your pixellation issue has been resolved on your TV services since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The pixelation is still occurring after trying everything , tried 150 well let’s say Life is to short to wait that long.

so as you were split / freezing screen etc etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to her this Ade2

Can you please advise me if the box is well ventilated?

If you could press the home button on the remote for me > then go to Help and Settings > Settings > Video Output.

If you can tell me the number next to Video Output Format, that would be helpful

Thanks 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

2160p video output format

0 Kudos